Eating clean is tough work. Especially if you’re someone like me who just can’t stop eating. So this weekend, in the pursuit of eating healthy, I cooked some ultra yummy Indian burgers. These turned out really juicy, tender and flavourful. Also, guess what, they were super healthy.
Here’s how I made it:
For the patty:
- 500 grams of chicken mince
- 3 onions, diced
- A fistful of coriander, chopped
- A fistful of mint, chopped
- 3 green chillies, chopped
- 1 teaspoon of red chilli powder
- 1 teaspoon of tumeric
- 1 teaspoon of cumin powder
- 1 teaspoon of coriander powder
For assembling the burger:
- Whole wheat burger buns
- Tzatziki or homemade hung curd
- Red cabbage or lettuce
- 1 cheese slice
- Mix all the patty ingredients, except the egg, and let it marinate in the fridge
- In an hour, add the egg to the mixture and make patties of the size you prefer. I made them super jumbo 🙂
- In a pan, heat some oil and drop in the patties. Let them cook thoroughly until they turn golden brown.
- Spread the tzatziki, red cabbage and cheese slice on the whole wheat burger buns. Add the juicy patty in and assemble into a burger
- Super healthy, juicy burgers are ready to eat!