It’s difficult to squeeze everything you want to do in one weekend. Do you cook, clean, chill, sleep, work, socialise or do nothing at all?
I’ve had a crazy week and, as I waited for this weekend, I also made mental notes of what I needed to do on it. One of them was to cook. Cook enough for a few days (yup, I do that because cooking after work is tough!).
After a satisfying Sunday morning laze, I decided to cook some chicken curry. I needed something quick, so that I could get back to chilling.
So here’s my quick HM chicken curry (HM stands for Haurat Mulgi).
What you’ll need:
- 500gms of chicken (I used boneless)
- 3 onions
- 2 teaspoons of ghee
- 7 curry leaves
- 3 tomatoes
- 5 garlic cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon chilli powder
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- Coriander leaves and mint leaves (I used a ton, but it’s really your choice)
- 2 cups of water
This is how you make it:
- In a deep pan, pour in the ghee and once it’s hot, add the chopped onions, garlic, green chillies
- Give it a good stir. After a few minutes, add the turmeric, salt, chilli powder. Stir again
- Once the mixture looks well blended, add chopped tomatoes, coriander and mint leaves. Give it a good stir
- In 2 minutes, add the chicken pieces and pour two cups of water. Give it a good, gentle stir and let it simmer for 10 minutes
- Turn off the heat. Your chicken curry is ready!
I’m going to eat this curry with rice, while I watch Romedy Now.